Whispers Beyond Memory: A Book from The Odyssey Within

Whispers Beyond Memory Book


It felt right to write this here.

Out of all the places on the internet, it had to be this one. The place where I first wrote about all of this before sharing it anywhere else.

Today, Whispers Beyond Memory exists as my first published book. Holding it still feels a little unreal. But coming back here afterwards felt... different.

When people ask me how Whispers Beyond Memory came to be, I usually pause because there isn't one single answer.

Years before there was a book, there was a small blog called The Odyssey Within.

I started it without thinking too much about it. At the time, it wasn't meant to become anything. I was simply writing. It was where I left the thoughts that refused to leave me.

Long private journals slowly became something more, and I began leaving my words outside of myself instead of keeping them in my notebooks and the Notes app on my phone. Over time, The Odyssey Within became the place where I kept returning whenever life gave me a question I couldn't answer immediately. It held memories, love, grief, doubts, conversations with myself, fragments of journeys, and reflections on the people I couldn't forget. It also became the place where my writing learned to stay... long enough for a book to happen.

Looking back now, I realise every piece written here was quietly leading somewhere. Years later, that somewhere became Whispers Beyond Memory.

Many of the questions that eventually shaped Whispers Beyond Memory were already here. Just... waiting. A sentence here, an idea there, and a feeling that returned months later.

It was also where I slowly found my voice as a writer. It gave me the freedom to write without expectations. Some remained exactly as they were. Others changed beyond recognition. A few eventually became part of Whispers Beyond Memory, while many quietly disappeared along the way. In fact, I deleted most of them because I was embarrassed once.

The book may be where those ideas came together, but this blog preserves something equally meaningful: the journey before the destination. Here are the first questions, the early reflections, the unfinished thoughts and the moments that slowly shaped the writer behind the book.

So if you arrived here after searching for Whispers Beyond Memory, you've wandered a little further back than its publication date. Years back.

You're standing where the book learned its first language while I was still trying to figure out life, understand myself, and even learn how to write.

That's probably why I find it difficult to separate Whispers Beyond Memory from The Odyssey Within.

Years ago, I could never have imagined those two names would one day meet on the same page. Yet here they are, connected by words written without expectation, years apart, never knowing they were quietly becoming part of the same story.

The words already knew one another. They had met here. There's something deeply comforting about that.

Maybe that's why it felt right to come back here.

This isn't where the book begins. It's where I realised it had been leaving footprints long before I ever knew there would be a book at all.

I don't know where writing will take me next. But I have a feeling this is only the first chapter.


Learn More About Whispers Beyond Memory

Whispers Beyond Memory is now available in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats.

If you'd like to know more about the book, you'll find everything here:

https://linktr.ee/whispersbeyondmemory


Author's Note

I have been writing The Odyssey Within for years as Samuel AV. My first published book, Whispers Beyond Memory, was released under the pen name Sayah M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A light that learned the shape of my shadow.

Between the Silence and the Words.